Financial Issues in Times of CrisisCED Magazine, April 2009
Article Date: 04-01-2009
Copyright(C) 2009 Associated Equipment Distributors. All Rights Reserved.
CFOs, CEOs should make plans to attend this timely conference in May.
The combined lack of credit, devaluation of assets and an overall lack of construction work have left AED member CEOs in need of answers to a multitude of questions. AED’s CFO Conference has the information dealers need to navigate this changing economic landscape.
The CFO Conference: Financial Issues for Distribution CFOs and CEOs, is a two-day power session presented by BDO Seidman May 20-21 in Chicago.
Speakers and topics slated include:
Participants are encouraged to suggest questions or topics for discussion. Send questions to Garry Bartecki at email@example.com. For more information or to register, visit www.aednet.org/products/seminars.cfm.
- Steve Pierson, tax partner with Selden Fox, will provide a tax update and cover AMT usage, monetizing AMT credits, potential LIFO repeal, new NOL opportunities, the stimulus bill, Like-Kind Exchange (LKE) audits and other industry-specific issues.
- Scott Stafford, senior manager with BDO Seidman, will cover IFRS and how to plan for new statement formats and disclosures, accounting for LIFO repeal, FIN 48 disclosures, and more
- David Felts, managing director of Brookwood Associates, will cover how current deals are getting completed, how the process evolved and what pricing multiples currently represent fair trade
- Eli Lustgarten, senior research analyst for Longbow Research, will provide an update of his economic forecast specific for the construction equipment industry
- Absorption workshop: presented by Bartecki and Rex Collins, principal with Somerset CPAs, will explain how to calculate absorption activity, what it means, how to use it, what internal rates to use and expenses to include in the calculation
- John Crum, division manager for Wells Fargo Construction, Robert Frentzel, managing director for The Private Bank, and Terry McNally, Global Capital, will speak on the current state of lending practices to dealers and contractors and explain what potential bank customers need to do to obtain credit for their business or to finance equipment purchases, as well as getting and using diversification credits
- Jim Ricker, IFLA Consulting, and Bob Walsh, managing partner of Veritas Risk Services, will discuss trends in commercial coverage in light of losses suffered by the insurance industry. Walsh will discuss trends in health benefits
- Bryan Stefan, GPS Insight, will discuss how dealers and rental companies use GPS products and services to improve efficiencies and profits
- Paul Buchanan, principal of BUCS Analytics, will discuss how analytics combined with visualization can help dealers improve cash flow and return on invested capital
- Other topics include a review of AED’s Cost of Doing Business report and an introduction to Test Drive, AED’s dealer business simulation program
[ TOP ]