New Foundation Leaders ConfirmedCED Magazine, March 2009
Article Date: 03-01-2009
Copyright(C) 2009 Associated Equipment Distributors. All Rights Reserved.
The Foundation's new leaders have taken their posts.
A new set of volunteer leaders for The AED Foundation was confirmed during AED’s 2009 Annual Meeting & CONDEX in San Diego. Volunteers direct The AED Foundation as it works to enhance the image of the industry, initiate programs to help dealers recruit technicians and support member dealers with industry-specific continuing education.
R. Dale Vaughn has been confirmed for his second year as The AED Foundation’s 2009 Chairman. Vaughn is the president and CEO of OCT Equipment, a Case dealership in Oklahoma City. He has generously served AED in many regards, including having served as AED Chairman in 2004, and on the AED board of directors from 1999 to 2005.
Walter Berry, president of the Berry Companies in Wichita, Kan., has been appointed Vice Chairman of the board. Berry Cos. is the parent company of seven companies with 23 locations in five states.
David Scott, president and general manager of Scott Machinery Co. in Salt Lake City, has been appointed Treasurer. Scott Machinery represents Deere, Hitachi, Bobcat and Ingersoll Rand.
Lawrence F. Glynn, president of CMW Equipment in St. Louis, Mo., is the AED Board liaison.
The 2009 Foundation Directors are:
- Jim Anderson, president, Anderson Machinery Co., Corpus Christi, Texas
- Al Cervero, senior vice president, Association of Equipment Manufacturers, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Mike Festing-Smith, vice president of sales and marketing, John Deere Construction & Forestry Division, Moline, Ill.
- Mike Hayes, director of customer service, Komatsu America Corp., Rolling Meadows, Ill.
- Michael Hinrichsen, manager corporate accounts, Caterpillar, Peoria, Ill.
- Christopher Pera, Phoenixville, Pa.
- A. Roy Kern, president, Equipment Corp. of America, Coraopolis, Pa.
- Dr. John Richman, president, North Dakota State College, Wahpeton, N.D.
- Ronald Riecks, president, Wells Fargo Equipment Finance, Tempe, Ariz.
- Dan Snedecor, training/education coordinator, Volvo Construction Equipment North America, Asheville, N.C.
- Dennis L. VanLeeuwen, president – industrial group, GE Capital Solutions, St. Louis
- Duane Wilder, president, Liebherr Construction, Newport News, Va.
- Christopher R. Wilmot, president/owner, CMW Partners, Orlando, Fla.
[ TOP ]