Closner Inducted as AED ChairmanCED Magazine, February 2009
Article Date: 02-01-2009
Copyright(C) 2009 Associated Equipment Distributors. All Rights Reserved.
Members of AED's new board of directors were also sworn-in during the 2009 Annual Meeting in San Diego.
AED welcomed a new set of volunteer leaders to guide the association for the coming year during AED’s 90th Annual Meeting in San Diego. Volunteer leaders help the association continue to develop and provide valuable business resources and programs important to the success of AED member companies.
G. Bennett Closner has been elected to the position of 2009 AED Chairman. He was installed to the association’s highest volunteer position during the AED/GE Capital Solutions Inaugural Dinner Jan. 16.
He is the president & CEO of Closner Equipment in Schertz, Texas. He has served on AED’s board of directors and was the liaison to the AED Foundation board of directors. He has also served on the Product Support Round Table, Rental Round Table, as well as AED’s Finance & Audit Committee. Closner Equipment represents Barber-Greene, Gomaco, Dynapac, Mauldin, Superior Broom, Putzmeister, LeeBoy and others.
Dennis Vander Molen will serve as AED’s Vice Chairman of the Board. He has served on AED’s Finance, Government Affairs and Annual Meeting committees, as well as on the AED board of directors since 2003. He is the president of Vermeer MidSouth in Jackson, Miss., with seven locations in Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and Louisiana.
Dennis E. Kruepke has been elected Senior Vice President. Kruepke has served on AED’s board since 2001, has participated on both the Annual Meeting Committee and Product Support Round Table. He is also an active member of the Illinois Association of Equipment Dealers. He is the president & CEO of McCann Industries in Addison, Ill. McCann represents a number of manufacturers, including Case, Takeuchi, Terex, Wacker and Stone.
Mike Christodoulou, 2009 Vice President/Canada, will serve as chairman of the Canadian AED this year. He is the president of Cummins Eastern Canada in Pointe Claire, PQ, Canada.
Lawrence F. Glynn has been elected 2009 Vice President and the board liaison for The AED Foundation board of directors. He previously served on AED’s board of directors in 2002 and in 2004. He has also served on AED’s Government Affairs and Annual Meeting committees, as well as participated in AED’s Industry Round Table. He is the president of CMW Equipment in St. Louis, Mo., which represents a number of manufacturers, including Volvo, Mauldin, PSI, Blaw-Knox, Superior Broom, Zanetis, BTI, Terex and Gorman Rupp.
Dennis G. Romanson has been elected the 2009 Vice President of Finance. He has served on AED’s board of directors since 2001, and he also served on the 2005 AED Foundation board of directors. He has also participated in AED’s Finance Committee and on the Rental Round Table. Romanson is the president of Road Machinery, a Komatsu dealership based in Phoenix, Ariz., with locations throughout California, New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas.
AED’s 2009 Regional Directors
AED’s 2009 At-Large Directors
- Diane Benck, Director of the Upper Midwest Region, vice president of West Side Tractor Sales in Naperville, Ill.
- Timothy J. Watters, Director of the Northeast Region, president of Hoffman Equipment Co. in Piscataway, N.J.
- Mike Quirk, Director of the Rocky Mountain Region, vice president of the earthmoving division of Wagner Equipment Co. in Aurora, Colo.
- Monty Boyd, Director of the Southeast Region, president and CEO of Whayne Supply in Louisville, Ky.
- Gale Plummer, Director of the West Coast Region, executive vice president and general manager of Cummins West Inc. in San Leandro, Calif.
- Craig Burkert, Director of the South Central Region, chief financial officer of ROMCO, based in Dallas, Texas.
- James P. Cowin, president and CEO of Cowin Equipment Co. in Birmingham, Ala.
- Mark Harbaugh, vice president of Ditch Witch Midwest in Carol Stream, Ill.
- Wes Stowers, chairman of Stowers Machinery Corp., in Knoxville, Tenn.
- Mike Soley Jr., president and CEO of Miller-Bradford & Risberg Inc., in Sussex, Wis.
[ TOP ]