Inside AED CED, July 2008
Article Date: 07-01-2008
Copyright(C) 2008 Associated Equipment Distributors. All Rights Reserved.
Build Your Stronghold
Today's industry forecast: mostly cloudy, severe conditions likely.The host of uncertainties and challenges characterizing the current business climate have been called a "perfect storm," a peculiar convergence of multiple adverse phenomena, including the economy, the credit crunch, the election, housing downturn, global construction market, labor shortages, fuel prices, emissions deadlines, and more.What dealer owners need is information, analysis and strategy to help them plan for '09, protect their balance sheet, and prosper their companies - even as winds continue to shift.
The 2008 AED/QUALCOMM Executive Forum presents "Surviving the Perfect Storm," Sept. 11 to 12, featuring a stimulating line-up of presenters and topics to provide dealer executives with ideas and solutions to survive and thrive through this cycle-on-steroids. Speakers and panels will deconstruct the domestic and global marketplaces and probe the many issues - and opportunities - facing the equipment distribution industry.This day-and-a-half strategic program is designed for principals, owners, GMs and all C-level management in the construction equipment distribution business. Perennial Forum favorite Mike Marks will once again moderate the conference.New to the Forum this year: The formal program will end at 10:30 a.m. Friday, Sept. 12, allowing attendees to catch early flights or remain till noon for an informal Q&A
clinic hosted by Marks.
Audience Q&A remains a critical dimension to the Executive Forum, and on Sept. 11, an electronic polling system will be used throughout the day to gauge attendee perspectives and help frame discussions.
Agenda highlights include:
The 2008 AED/QUALCOMM Executive Forum will be held at the Westin O'Hare in Rosemont, Ill., just minutes from Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.For more information and to register, visit www.aednet.org/execforumThe AED/QUALCOMM Executive Forum returns to Chicago.
- Author and acclaimed distribution expert Adam Fein identifies the strategies your dealership needs to weather this cycle and more.
- Our guest political pundit, Paul Green - interviewed regularly by the national news media - reports on both the Republican and Democratic conventions, mixing election conjecture with scenarios you can expect from the next President of the United States.
- The nation's leading heavy equipment analysts, Mark Koznarek and Frank Manfredi will paint the global picture - who's investing money, who's making money and where do you fit in?
- Economist Eli Lustgarten puts the markets into perspective.
- International family business consultant Dana Telford shows you how to balance cross-cultural ethics and business practices in a global marketplace - protect yourself without compromising your standards.
- Panel: Generate revenue by selling used equipment overseas - this how-to panel will tell you everything you need to get it right.
- Panel: Top executives from Chinese manufacturers talk about their strategies for bringing equipment to the U.S.
- Chief economist for Reed Construction Data, Jim Haughey will help you find and stick to the markets that are prospering.
- The coming emissions regs are a serious pain point for your customers - find out why from consultant Mike Buckantz.
- Jack Schenendorf, vice chair of a congressionally appointed surface transportation commission, tells what's needed to fund the nation's failing infrastructure.
[ TOP ]