Are Your Future Leaders Ready?CED Magazine July 2006
Article Date: 07-03-2006
Copyright(C) 2008 Associated Equipment Distributors. All Rights Reserved.
AED's new Future Leaders Conference is August 8-10.
AED's first annual Future Leaders Conference is geared at providing tomorrow's leaders with an opportunity to interact with each other and draw on the experience of today's leaders.
The Future Leaders Conference was created based on AED member input, which noted the need for a connection between the younger and elder generations in the industry. The task force was charged with developing perspectives and recommendations relating to the younger generation's participation in AED.
AED appointed industry executives in their early to mid-30s to the Future Leaders Task Force. The group met in May 2005 in Colorado and discovered that the next generation of leaders is looking to find a network of peers they can relate to and learn from, and also are looking to share best practice ideas in a non-competitive atmosphere.
Members of the Future Leaders Task Force are:
The Future Leaders Conference is August 8-10 at the Granlibakken Resort & Conference Center in Lake Tahoe, Calif. The conference has been designed to combine training by some of the industry's best with conversations with dealer principals and chief executives from some of the top dealerships in the country.
- Chair: Mark Harbaugh, Ditch Witch Midwest, Carol Stream, Ill.
- Ex-Officio: Dale A. Leppo, Leppo Rents/Bobcat of Akron, Tallmadge, Ohio
- Paul W. Campbell, Wheeler Machinery, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Jim McGinley, NationsRent, Shrewsbury, Mass.
- Matthew Roland, Roland Machinery Co., Springfield, Ill.
- Tyler A. Brandt, Vermeer Northeast, Castleton, N.Y.
- Brandon G. Klein, Valley Supply & Equipment Co., Hagerstown, Md.
- Thomas Reynolds, Highway Equipment Co., Zelienople, Pa.
- Steve Stecklein, Washington Air Compressor Rental Co., Hyattsville, Md.
Al Morgan of Morgan Business Associates will present vital financial management, including benchmarks, ratios, analysis and planning, change management and execution.
Gregg Burch, President of Eagle Learning and former equipment dealer will present lessons in leadership and practical visioning.
The conference will also include the first ever "fireside chat" with AED Past Presidents and sessions on: Employee recruitment, development and retention, financing and insurance, profit or cost center?, strategic partnering with customers and suppliers, dynamics in a family business, succession planning and transitioning ownership.
For more information call 800-388-0650 or visit www.aednet.org
[ TOP ]