Berry Elected 2005 AED Chairman Construction Equipment Distribution February 2005
Article Date: 02-01-2005
Copyright (C) 2005 Associated Equipment Distributors. All Rights Reserved.
Former AED president Fred Berry installs his son Walter to the post.
AED confirmed a new set of leaders to guide the association for the coming year at the 2005 Annual Meeting in San Antonio, January 27-29. These volunteers will direct AED as it continues to provide valuable business resources and programs dedicated to the success of AED member companies. Walter Berry, 2005 Chairman of the Board, has served as a regional director and vice president of AED. His activities with AED include positions on the Annual Meeting and Executive Development committees, the Industry Round Table, the Rental Round Table, and the Product Support Round Table. He has been both a director and vice president of The AED Foundation. Berry is president of Berry Companies, headquartered in Wichita, Kan., with 23 locations in five states. Berry Companies represents Bobcat, Bomag, Komatsu, Link-Belt, Volvo and Yale, among others.
Dale Leppo, 2005 Vice Chairman of the Board, has participated in AED’s Rental Round Table, and the Government Affairs and Finance & Audit committees. He is chairman of Leppo Rents/Bobcat of Akron in Tallmadge, Ohio, and represents Bobcat, Case, Gradall and Stihl.
Les Bebchick, 2005 Senior Vice President, has served on AED’s Annual Meeting, Finance & Audit, and Cost of Doing Business committees. He chaired AED’s Audit and Finance Committee and served as liaison to The AED Foundation board. Bebchick is president of Equipment & Systems for Industry in Hopkinton, Mass. The company represents Cedarapids, Hyundai, Terex and Eagle Iron Works.
Dennis Romanson, 2005 Vice President, has served on AED’s Rental Round Table and as president of the Metropolitan New York Equipment Dealers group. He is president & CEO of Briggs Construction Equipment in Tampa, Fla. Briggs is a full-line Case dealer with 17 branches. They also represent Wirtgen, Hamm, Vogele, NPK, Sennebogen, Kobelco, Lull and NorAm.
Ken Nordstrom, 2005 Vice President, was elected president of the Canadian AED this year. In this capacity, he assumes the position of vice president for AED. He is regional sales manager for Finning in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
James W. Price, 2005 Vice President of Finance, has served AED as chairman of the Annual Meeting committee and participated in the Finance & Audit Committee. He is the executive vice president of Valley Supply & Equipment Co. in Funkstown, Md., and represents Lull, Sky Trak, Bobcat, JCB, IR, Leeboy, Wacker, Dynapac and Link-Belt.
AED’s 2005 Regional Directors
The 2005 Regional Directors are:
AED’s 2005 At-Large Directors are Jim Stephenson, president of Yancey Bros. Co. in Atlanta; Dennis Vander Molen, president of Vermeer MidSouth in Jackson, Miss.; Lamar Light, with Groff Tractor & Equipment Co. in Mechanicsburg, Pa.; Joe Vrablik, executive vice president of Cummins Rocky Mountain in Henderson, Colo.; Paul W. Campbell, vice president sales & rentals for Wheeler Machinery Co. in Salt Lake City, Utah; and John Rogers, president of Ditch Witch of Kansas in Valley Center, Kan. Please join AED in welcoming these volunteers to the organization’s top leadership positions.
- A. Roy Kern Jr., director of the Northeast Region. Kern is president of Equipment Corp. of America in Coraopolis, Pa., and has served on AED’s Local Group Presidents, Industry Round Table and Annual Meeting committees. Equipment Corp. of America represents Bauer, Klemm, HPSI, Vulcan/IHC, Dawson and Gunnebo Johnson.
- Jack R. Babb, director of the Upper Midwest Region. Babb has served on the Annual Meeting, CEO Forum and Convention Education committees. He is president of J.D. Evans, based in Sioux Falls, S.D., and represents Terex, New Holland, Kobelco, LeeBoy, Rosco, Trail King, Allied, and Ingersoll-Rand.
- Dave Scott, director of the Rocky Mountain Region, is president/general manager of Scott Machinery Co. in Salt Lake City. He has served on AED’s Annual Meeting Committee, as president of AED of Utah and as a board member of the John Deere Construc-tion Dealers Association. Scott Machinery represents Deere, Bobcat, Ingersoll-Rand, Utility, Walton Trailers and BTI.
- Patrick W. McConnell, director of the West Coast Region, is president of Clyde/West Inc. in Portland, Ore. He has served on AED’s Government Affairs and Annual Meeting committees. Clyde/West represents a number of manufacturers, including Allied, Broce, Sweepster, Volvo, Bomag, Hypac, Tymco, and Midland.
- Richard S. Dudley, director of the Southeast Region, is president and CEO of J.W. Burress in Roanoke, Va. Dudley has served on AED’s Government Affairs Committee. J.W. Burress represents a number of manufacturers, including Dynapac, Gomaco, Hitachi, Gradall, Daewoo, Finn, Manitowoc, Grove, National, and Vibromax.
- Shane Walsh, director of the South Central Region, is division vice president of the Andress-Walsh Co. in Houston. He has served on AED’s Government Affairs Committee since 2001.
Excerpted from Construction Equipment Distribution, 2005. To subscribe, CLICK HERE.
[ TOP ]