Operators can load more trucks per shift, in a more comfortable work environment
Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, today announced the introduction of the WA900-8. The 256,618 lb. (116,400 kg) wheel loader is equipped with an EPA Tier 4 Final certified emission regulations-compliant engine, and is purpose-built to load 70 - 150 ton haul trucks.
“The WA900-8 is the perfect machine for loading haul trucks in limestone pits because the all new Komatsu bucket design, with modified profile, maximizes bucket fill to increase productivity,” said Robert Hussey, Product Marketing Manager, Komatsu America Corp. “The large pillarless cab offers great visibility, and the higher capacity air suspension seat along with the Electronically Controlled Suspension System (ECSS), provides a smooth ride for better travel performance to keep operators comfortable throughout long shifts.”
Productivity & Efficiency
- Variable Traction Control System and Modulation Clutch System provide optimal tractive effort for various ground conditions
- Komatsu SmartLoader Logic helps reduce fuel consumption while maintaining production levels
- Closed Center Load Sensing Hydraulic System delivers hydraulic flow based on application demand, saving fuel and reducing hydraulic oil temperatures
- Throttle lock with auto-deceleration improves cycle times by maintaining high work-equipment performance
Under the Hood
Reliability & Durability
- Completely redesigned front and rear frame and loader linkages make it the most durable chassis in model history
- New standard brake cooling system reduces brake oil temperature, resulting in longer brake-service life
- Engine pre-lubrication system raises engine oil pressure before startup to ensure full lubrication of all engine components
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., an industry-leading manufacturer and supplier of equipment, technologies and services for the construction, forklift, mining, industrial and forestry markets. For nearly a century, Komatsu equipment and services have been used by companies worldwide to develop modern infrastructure, extract fundamental minerals, maintain forests and create technology and consumer products. The company’s global service and distributor networks support customer operations, tapping into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance.
To learn more about Komatsu’s U.S. offerings, visit www.komatsuamerica.com.
Komatsu® is registered trademark of Komatsu Ltd. Komatsu America Corp. is an authorized licensee of Komatsu Ltd. All other trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp., or their respective owners or licensees.