Felling Trailers, Inc.’s Documented Real Time Torquing Procedure was officially implemented January 1st, 2019.
After nearly a year of research and development of the procedure, as of January 1st, 2019, 100% of Felling Trailers’ safety critical attachments, coupler, actuators, and lug nuts are torqued and documented in real time. “This was a project handed down from our executive team to ensure we are standing behind the Quality in our brand. This was a great Felling team initiative that required efforts from almost all of our departments. At the end of the process, we have the data to back up the integrity of each fastener installed with our equipment,” said Project Manager Chris Berg. The goal of the procedure is to verify that safety-critical attachments are torqued within +/- 5% of the target torque requirement. As a result, the end user/customer has peace of mind that their trailer is road ready upon delivery. The safety critical attachments: couplers, actuators, and lug nuts are torqued to specific foot-pounds and minimum degree rotation documented in real time.
• Couplers and actuators are torqued with a wireless torque wrench that provides visual and audible verification of proper torque.
• Wheel nuts are torqued using a corded tool that is programmed to torque all nuts on the wheel to 50% of its required specs. It then prompts the team member to repeat the process to complete torque to required torque specifications.
Documentation of Torque process:
- Every trailer’s safety-critical torqued results are saved in real-time to multiple locations.
- Every team member using this equipment is trained to our Felling Torque Quality Work Instructions.
- Every trailer goes through a quality controlled verification to ensure the hardware meets torque requirements. Couplers and actuators have one random bolt checked per assembly. Then every wheel receives a random check of two lug nuts per wheel.
- After completion of the fastener rundown, the production member places a witness mark as a visual verification that the process is complete.
For more information, visit www.felling.com or call 1.800.245.2809.
About Felling Trailers, Inc.
Felling Trailers is a family owned and operated Full Line Trailer Manufacturer located in Central Minnesota. Started in 1974, Felling Trailers, Inc. has grown from a small shop to a factory and office complex that today covers over 325,000 square feet. Felling’s pride and differentiation is its customized trailer division. Its engineers utilize the latest Industry-leading design techniques, and its experienced metal craftspeople use cutting-edge technology to turn its customers' conceptual trailer needs into a tangible product. Felling has been providing innovative trailer solutions to the transportation industry for over 45 years. Felling Trailers' current capabilities allow them to provide a high-quality product that is distributed across North America and internationally. Felling Trailers, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Quality Management System and is WBENC-Certified WBE Company.
For more information, contact 1.800.245.2809, email@example.com or visit them on the web at www.felling.com. You can also follow them on Twitter (@FellingTrailers), Facebook (Felling Trailers, Inc.), and Pinterest.